The All-Ukrainian Charitable Organisation “Ukrainian Legal Aid Foundation” was founded on 25th of August 2011.
The development and dissemination of the best practices that ensure equal opportunities for legal protection of rights and interests.
- The rule of law;
- Recognition of individual human rights and freedoms as the highest value;
- Acting on the basis of equality (no discrimination);
- Independent decisions and actions;
- Openness to partnership and cooperation;
- No goals to make profit;
- Transparency and accountability to the public;
- Non-involvement in political parties or religious organisatons;
- Adherence to strict rules and procedures.
OBJECTIVES FOR 2014
- Ensuring the availability of legal aid and simplifying the procedure of obtaining it;
- Develop a network of organizations and lawyers providing free legal aid;
- Spreading legal awareness in the society;
- Supporting the development of the “pro bono” exchange and the network of legal clinics inUkraine;
- Creating the conditions for a constructive dialogue between key partners that provide free legal aid.
FOUNDERS OF THE FOUNDATION
- International Renaissance Foundation
- Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union
- Ukrainian Bar Association
- Union of Attorneys of Ukraine